Es’hailSat offers career opportunities in our five core business divisions:
Appropriate experience is required, although some of our positions are open to recent graduates. In common with the rest of the global satellite industry, English is the working language at Es’hailSat although spoken and written Arabic is clearly a significant benefit.
Reports to: Satellite Operations Manager
JOB PURPOSE / ROLE
Within the Satellite Operations Department, the Spacecraft Control Engineer is a member of the Satellite Control Team. Working on
shift 24/7, he is responsible for the monitoring and control of the in‐orbit Es’hailSat satellites.
The Satellite Control Engineer covers several roles withing the Satellite Control Team:
Monitoring & Control Specialist:
As a M&C Specialist, he will:
Monitor Satellite & Ground Systems by:
Execute Satellite Operations Procedures by:
Act as SatOps PoC for External & Internal Stakeholders by:
Tracking Shift Activities & Events by:
Ground System Specialist:
As Ground System Specialist, he will:
Validating Ground System Procedures by:
Performing Ground Systems Maintenance
Common activities of the role:
The following activities will relate to both roles:
Qualifications & Experience:
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Market Research Analyst/Role:
The candidate should be an exceptional communicator and intuitively recognize patterns with a keen interest in providing purposeful and accurate insight into market trends, customer behavior and competitors’ strategies. The candidate should exhibit critical thinking skills, strong information gathering & presentation skills and a thorough attention to detail.
The job entails surveying information, creating reports, summarizing data with graphs and tables, and conducting effective research that will be presented with compelling data visualization. It additionally involves partaking in research projects, design surveys and present ideas and results.
Research and Analysis
• Qualitative and Quantitative Research
• Collect market information through a variety of sources
• Monitor and forecast marketing and sales trends
• Conduct competitive research and analyze benchmarking data
• Measure the effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies
• Devise methods for collecting data, such as surveys, questionnaires, and opinion polls
• Gather data about consumers, competitors, and market conditions and deliver regular reports
Presentation of Information
• Ability to gather large amounts of data and convert it into meaningful analysis
• Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports
• Extrapolate market trends and patterns from data analysis and suggests opportunities
• Consult with department head to prepare reports and present results to management
Internal Liaison and Collaboration
• Maintain close liaison with Corporate Communications, Product Development, Sales, Technical and Strategy teams while conducting research and presenting relevant information.
Policies, Processes and Procedures
• Recommend improvements to marketing policy, processes and provide inputs to procedures and controls so that all relevant procedural requirements are fulfilled while delivering quality market research in line with best practices.
• Provide inputs and suggestions for the continuous improvement of Es’hailSat products and services considering best practices, changes in international standards, and changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans.
• Assist with the development of Marketing plans, accurate Management reports and provide timely feedback to the Manager, Marketing on market research initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in market research, business, satellite communications or related field
• Master’s degree will be an advantage
• Experience as a marketing analyst and knowledge of current markets preferably in a large Satellite Operator, Satellite Market Research or Telecom company
• Proficient using Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Motivated self-starter with strong business acumen
• Organized and detail-oriented with a drive for excellence
• Must be a confident team player who enjoys collaboration
• Verifiable market analysis experience, at least 2 years
• Familiarity with search engines, business research tools and analytics
• Ability to multitask well
• Data interpretation skills
• Analytical thinker
• Proficiency in English
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Reports to: Spectrum Management Director
Assist the Spectrum Management Director in Spectrum and Regulatory Engineering matters for QSC’s current and future programs through providing input toward and implementing the orbital and spectrum strategy, interfacing with the spectrum regulators (locally and internationally as needed) and liaising with ITU in order to ensure effective and efficient delivery of QSC services to all its customers and the achievement of the organisations overall strategic objectives. Responsible for daily activities pertaining to spectrum engineering.
Budgeting & Cost Control:
• Assist the Spectrum Management Director in the preparation of the spectrum management department budget and generate continuous reports in order to monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and potential
Strategic Spectrum and Orbital Planning:
• Assist in the development of the long-term spectrum strategy for QSC
• Assist the Spectrum Management Director in the process of spectrum analysis to identify potential opportunities for QSC, and coordinate with commercial departments to seek commercial economic and strategic future visibility, while working with the engineering and procurement department to ensure turning the potential opportunity into action and design and get exploited (implementation)
Communication and Networking :
• Interface with the spectrum regulators (locally and internationally) including ITU and conduct the filing activities with ITU and monitor the progress.
• Ensure coordination with other satellite networks through periodic meetings and correspondence.
Regulatory Licenses and Approvals:
• Assist the Spectrum Management Director and Legal department in managing the relations between QSC and the regulatory bodies to obtain the necessary approvals and licenses from the different regions and countries, so it could operate its satellites within the legal framework and be able to have an efficient and effective market access for QSC’s commercial activities.
• Develop in-house tracking tools for all correspondence with other administrations and with the ITU
• Keep a track of filling activities and monitor progress. Highlight and plan activities in order to meet the regulatory milestones.
Coordination Agreements and ITU Compliance:
• Ensure QSC’s compliance with the applicable coordination agreements and ITU regulations and recommendations, so that QSC orbital assets and investments are protected, and violations are prevented
• Inform Spectrum Management Director of any deviations in compliance.
Support to other Departments:
• Assist the Spectrum Management Director in providing advice and continuous update to other departments within QSC on the application of the ITU Radio regulations and recommendations and reflect on the implications it would have on the satellite design, so that QSC is in full compliance with the international regulations and optimally placed in protecting its orbital assets and operations from any possible violations.
• As needed, represent QSC in spectrum regulatory bodies and agencies, and assist in managing the relationship with QSC’s regulatory consultants, so that frequency and regulatory matters with ictQatar, ITU and other satellite operations are taken seriously, respected and complied with and the maximum efficiency is achieved.
• As needed represent QSC at various workshops, conferences, and in discussions held at National and International forums whenever instructed to participate.
• Under the supervision of the Spectrum Management Director, prepare the technical and regulatory basis in advance of negotiating agreements for regulatory licensing and in order to minimise risk and maximize benefits and meet or exceed QSC user requirements in terms of quality, support, and availability.
• Prepare frequency coordination draft agreements and technical documentations to ITU.
Policies and Procedures:
▪ Recommend improvements to spectrum management policies and implement procedures and controls so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service in line with best practice.
• Provide inputs and suggestions for the continuous improvement of orbital and spectrum practices taking into account ‘best practice’, changes in international standards and changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans.
• Consolidate accurate Management reports to provide timely feedback to the Spectrum Management Director for monitoring the progress of ITU filings and regulatory matters
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
▪ BS Electrical or Telecom Engineering or equivalent degree
▪ In-depth understanding of satellite communications.
▪ Knowledge of satellite designs and limitations
▪ In-depth understanding of satellite link analysis
▪ Working knowledge of satellite analysis tools
▪ In-depth knowledge of ITU Radio Regulations and how they relate to practical satellite design
▪ 5 years or more in a cross functional satellite operations teams preferably with a top tier satellite services provider focusing on implementing long-term spectrum and orbital strategy and filing for licenses and approvals from government and international regulatory bodies.
▪ Drafting of frequency coordination agreements
▪ Proficiency in ITU software tools (MSPACE, GIMS, GIBC, etc.)
▪ Understanding of ITU rules and regulations
▪ Understanding of satellite link analysis principals
▪ Knowledge of satellite communications
▪ Excellent organizational skills (tracking correspondence, etc.)
▪ Energetic and self-starter
▪ Task driven and goal oriented
▪ Ability to work in a multicultural environment and willing to frequently travel
Reports to: Internal Audit Director
The mission of the Internal Audit Department is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services to help the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of internal control, governance processes and risk management.
Internal: Work closely with the Internal Audit Director and all related departments to ensure that the high standards of audit within Es’hailSat are maintained.
External: Liaise with QSC’s external auditors, Government Auditors and with Organization’s management as required and approved by the internal audit Director.